Booking Protection Cancellation
Travel with peace of mind
Before confirming purchase of the policy, please see the Pre-Contractual Information which contains the full Policy Terms and Conditions and the limits, maximums or excesses for each type of cover.
Cancellation cover is also valid in the event of epidemics or diagnosed pandemic illness, e.g., COVID-19Refund of cancellation fee or commitment deposit (up to € 3.000 per person and € 10.000 per case) applied by an accommodation provider in the event that the person insured cancels a journey as a result of:
- illness (including epidemics and diagnosed pandemic illnesses, e.g., COVID-19), accident or death:
- of the person insured or one of their relatives
- of a business associate;
- the person insured or a travel companion being required to quarantine on the orders of the Government, Public Authority or journey provider if it is suspected that the person insured or a travel companion has been exposed to a contagious illness (including an epidemic or pandemic illness, such as COVID-19). This does not include quarantine that applies to part or all of a population or geographical area, or in the departure or destination locations or intermediate stages of the journey.
- being called for jury service or as a witness in a court
- being summoned regarding the adoption of a minor
- material damage to the residence or property where the person insured carries out their commercial activity
- being unable to reach the destination due to adverse weather conditions in the place of residence
- being unable to take a planned journey due to the person insured being made redundant, suspended from employment (wage guarantee funds, temporary redundancy) or taking up new employment
- the theft of documents required by the person insured for foreign travel purposes
Excess: no percentage excess will be applied in the event the person insured dies or requires a hospital stay greater than 5 days. A 15% percentage excess will apply to all other cases.
Refund of journey costs already paid in the event you cannot benefit from services due to delayed arrival at a destination caused by:
- a breakdown or accident involving the vehicle used to reach the accommodation
- your flight, sea vessel or train being delayed
- adverse weather conditions.
Refund up to € 150 per night and up to a maximum of two nights